Choose an article:
Hire Your Videographer
Choose a Videographer
Choose a Photographer
Planning for Great Photography
Hire a DJ
Choose a Bakery
Working with Your Baker
Looking for a Wedding Planner
Working with a Designer or Seamstress
Make-up & Hair
Tips & Tricks
Choosing The Right Wedding Videographer
The beauty of video is that it is able to capture the whole day, from the small intimate details to the broadest spectrum of emotions. Improvements in technology, smaller cameras and the need for less artificial light can allow the right videographer to capture the day's events without actually being a part of it. In addition to being a precious keepsake of your wedding day, your wedding video is a great way to capture moments you may otherwise miss.
When considering a videographer, select the package that highlights the events that are most important to you.
When viewing a videographer's work, you will become aware of the many intangibles that become subjective through the eyepiece of the camera and in the mind of the videographer director/editor. You will instinctively know when a particular videographer's emotional style clicks with your own.
Tips for Selecting a Videographer
Look for a videographer who is experienced, creative and artistic.
When viewing examples of work, look at the clarity and quality of the video, the composition, as well as the details of shooting and editing.
Questions To Ask Your Videographer
• What type of lighting will the videographer use?
• How will the videographer be dressed at the wedding?
• Do you have sample videos I can see?
• How long have you been in business?
• What packages do you offer?
• Do you use Professional Quality equipment, accessories and supplies?
• How many cameras do you use?
• Do you have back-up equipment that is comparable in quality to the original?
• Do you use wireless microphones?
• Do you offer Non-Linear Digital Editing?
• Do you copy-protect or scramble the videotape?
• What are your guarantees and liabilities?
• Do you have a written contract?
• Are you unobtrusive?
• Will the shoot interfere with the proceedings in any way?
• How much do you charge for additional hours beyond the agreed contract?
• Do you work with the photographer to ensure mutual cooperation?
• Are you there throughout the entire reception?
• Will you go to a location (like the beach or a park) without additional charge?
• How much are additional copies of the wedding tapes?
• Do you have references that I can call?
A Professional Wedding Video isn't expensive, it's Priceless!
Our Dream Photos by James DeCamp Photography | Columbus Ohio wedding photographer specializing in wedding photo
Bexley, Blacklick, Columbus, Dublin, New Albany, Galena, Grandview, Granville, Hilliard, Powell, Upper Arlington, Westerville, Worthington and Ohio.
Destination wedding photography available upon request.
Wedding, Engagement Portraits, Corporate Headshots, Photojournalism and more.
Stock, Commercial and Editorial services also available. Portrait and headshot pricing.
James DeCamp is available to travel for private commissions on a national and international basis.
James D. DeCamp vigorously protects his copyright interests.